0 comments Posted by Sireesha at Thursday, August 27, 2015
Raksha Bandhan is a Hindu festival that celebrates the love and duty between brothers and sisters.Raksha means ‘protection’ and Bandhan means ‘bond’. Raksha-bandhan is a bond of protection.It is called Rakhi Purnima, or simply Rakhi, in many parts of India .Variety of sweet dishes and special recipes are prepared on this Festival.
Try out this easiest and scrumptious special sweet delights to celebrate the auspicious occasion of Rakhi / Raksha Bandhan.
Click the below links to.. view the recipes..!!!
|Gulab Jamun||Apple Halwa||Besan Burfi|
|Doodh Pedha||Kalakand||Motichur Ladoo|
|Daliya Ladoo||Moong dal Ladoo /
|Coconut Jaggery Ladoo / Kobbari Undallu|
|Besan Ladoos||Kesari||Rava Payasam|
|Sago /Sabudana Ladoos||Microwave Rava Ladoos||Rava Besan Ladoos|
|China Grass Halwa||Bottle Gourd Halwa /Lauki Halwa||Wheat Flour Halwa / Aate Ka Halwa|
|Oats Halwa||ABC Halwa||Carrot Halwa|
|Paneer Kheer||Khus Khus Kheer||Shrikand|
|Rava Ladoos||Microwave Besan Ladoo||Wheat Flour Ladoo / Aate ka Ladoo|
0 comments Posted by Sireesha at Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Whole moong dal is also known as green beans These Green moong dal tadka is very easy
to make .When you are tired of eating everyday dal, make this whole green moong dal. It is very nutritious and healthy , very easy to digest and excellent source of proteins.
Prep time: 40 Minutes
Hara Moong Dal/Green Gram(Bean) - 1 Cup
Tomatoes - 2 Medium
Onion - 1 Large
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Green Chillies - 5 (slit)
Juice from one lemon
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 2 tsps
Coriander Seeds Powder / Dhaniya Powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder / Haldi - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Kasoori Methi - 1 tbsp (crushed)
Oil - 1 tbsp
Asafoetida/Hing - A Pinch
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Water - 3 Cups (or as needed)
Curry Leaves -few
Salt - To Taste
Chopped Coriander/Hara Dhaniya - 2 tbsp
|Green Gram / Whole Moong|
1. Wash and soak moong dal for minimum half an hour . You can also soak it over night.
2. Pressure cook for 4 whistles with 1 1/2 cup water . Once pressure released mash cooked dal slightly.
3. Finely chop onion, tomatoes and coriander .
4. In a Pan /wok heat oil, add cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add hing , onions and green chillies ,curry leaves and saute for a minute.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook until onion becomes soft or translucent.
6. Add tomato, salt , red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, turmeric powders and stir well. Cover and cook until tomato gets mashed and oil floats on top. Add crushed kasoori methi and mix everything well.
8. Add garam masala and mix well, cook for a minute, add cooked dal.
9. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cup of water or Add more water if you prefer to have dal thin consistency.
10.Adjust salt if required and bring it to a good boil. Simmer for 2 minutes off flame and garnish with chopped coriander and juice form one lemon.Mix well.
11. Our Hara Moong Dal Tadka is ready add little ghee if preferred.The ghee tadka heightens the flavor of the dish.
Serve it with hot chapatis,phulkas or along with hot steamed rice and some roasted papads and lime or mango pickle also by the side. A truly comfort and satisfying meal..
Smoothies seem to be the perfect summer treat. Kiwi smoothie is an ideal drink for breakfast and also perfect for a hot sunny day. It is refreshing and cool beverage but also a rich source of vitamin C and minerals.
2 cups cubed honeydew melon
2 ripe kiwi, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp Honey / Sugar
1 Cup Ice Cubes
In blender, whirl honeydew, kiwi, lime juice, sweetener and Ice cubes until smoothly blended. .
Pour into Glasses.
Garnish each glass with Kiwi Slice or Honey dew slices.
Honeydew Kiwi Smoothie is ready to enjoy :-)
Chocolate Dosa is very easy and quick to prepare. Kids will love it very much. My Daughter is crazy fan of this Dosa. Its sweet ,crispy and chocolaty so noway kids will fuss over eating this.Make on weekends or as a treat to entertain your kids.It’s a yummy and irresistible dessert and breakfast option for all chocolate lovers.
Dosa batter - 1 Cup
Oil - 4 tsps
Chocolate syrup or chocolate sauce or chocolate bar - 1
You can make a fabulous chocolate sauce with any amount of sweetened dark, semisweet, or bittersweet chocolate you have on hand.All you need is a milk ,cream, water, a pinch of salt, a few drops of vanilla, etc
Ingredients for Chocolate Sauce /Chocolate syrup :
6 ounces dark, semisweet, or bittersweet chocolate (chopped coarsely)
1/2 cup -Heavy cream
1/2 cup -water
2 tbsps -Unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
2-3 drops- Vanilla extract (optional)
Method for making Chocolate Sauce :-
1) In a medium heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat, bring the cream, water, and salt to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Just before it starts to boil, turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stove.
2) Add the chocolate , butter, vanilla extract stirring constantly with a spatula . Keep stirring until the chocolate and butter melt and the sauce is perfectly smooth.
3) If the sauce looks too thick then stir in more liquid gradually until the sauce is smooth and has the consistency you are looking for.
4) Adjust the sauce with more liquid as necessary.
5) If the sauce is too bitter then you can mellow it by stirring in a little soft butter or a little sugar.
6) Serve immediately, or reheat when ready to use.
7) The sauce keeps in a covered container in the fridge for several days.
Method for preparing Chocolate Dosa:-
1) Take a non-stick pan and place on medium-high heat. Test by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. Water should sizzle right away.
2) Apply little oil on the pan with half cut onion so that dosa doesn't stick to the pan.
3) Pour a two ladleful of dosa batter and quickly spread into a circle with a back of spoon.Starting from the center, spiral the batter outward evenly to form a circle about 5-7 inch in diameter.
4) Spread one teaspoon of oil around the dosa and leave it for some time to cook about 30 seconds then flip the dosa using a flat spatula.
Sprinkle grated chocolate all over the dosa and cook until chocolate melts.
6) Reduce the heat to medium and cook dosa for few seconds.
7) Once the dosa is cooked, roll the dosa or fold it in half and serve it on a plate drizzled with chocolate syrup.
8) Now chocolate dosa is ready to enjoy :-)
0 comments Posted by Sireesha at Sunday, April 12, 2015
My family is a big pickle fan and off all the pickles they really like lemon pickle a lot .My daughter is crazy for this pickle.This is a very easy recipe with no-oil and no-cooking involve in this pickle and with only 3 ingredients .It's so difficult to resist this tangy, and tongue tickling pickle . Kids will enjoy this pickle very much :-)
Heading towards the recipe of Zero Oil ,no-cooking lemon pickle ...Here
2 Kgs - Lemon
3/4 Kg /2 Cups - Salt
50 gms/ 1/4 Cup - Turmeric Powder
1) Take out a glass or plastic jar that can hold about 1 kilo of pickle. The jar should be completely dry.It is very important.
2) Wash the lemons and wipe them thoroughly. Make sure there is no water on the skin. Let them dry for some time.
3) Cut them into small bite sized cubes.
4) 10 lemons squeeze them and take the juice in a bowl.
5) In a bowl take the cut lemon pieces add salt , turmeric powder and lemon juice which we squeezed and mix all these well.
6) Take them in a clean, dry glass or porcelain jar or plastic jar with tight lid. Keep them tightly covered .Leave them as it is for 15 days.Then open the container and see if pickle is fine.As the pickle gets ready, the lemon pieces get softer.Close the lid again and leave it for about 30 - 45 days.
8) My recipe is prepared with thin skinned, juicy limes and they changed from hard to firmly-soft in a month.
9) Serve and enjoy with curd rice or rice, dal and ghee .
1) Pickling is like making jam. Take extra precaution in using the dry utensils, jars, spoons and your hands. Using the wet or damp things is a sure way to spoil the pickle.
2) Better transfer small quantity in a smaller container which can be used to serve.