Wish You all the readers of Mom's Recipies a Very Happy and Prosperous Ganesh Chaturthi / Vinayaka Chavathi !
Chana sundal is a savory snack. It is traditional made for Ganesh chaturthi / Vinayaka chaturthi and Navaratris. Its Very simple and delicious snack. Its very healthy and guilt free !!!
Cooking time: 20 mins + Overnight chana soaking time
Chana / Senagalu / Chick Peas - 1 cup
Coconut grated - 3 tbsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds -3/4 tsp
Urad dal -1 tsp
Dry Red chillies - 3
Asafoetida / hing -a pinch
Curry leaves -1 sprig
Salt - to taste
Soak Chana Overnight or atleast 8 hours and pressure cook it with little bit salt and water just to immerse it for 4-5 whistles.
Stir fry for 2 minutes until moisture evaporates.
Then add required salt and grated or scarped coconut and fry for a minute. Switch off the flame.
Transfer to the serving bowl.
- You can add chopped onions after tempering. .
- Also you can replace red chillies with green chillies.
- Add little salt while cooking. This prevents over cooking of chana.
- If the soaking hour of chana is less, then adding salt will prevent chana from cooking properly.So at that time add salt after cooking chana.
- You can use the same method for cooking green gram,or chana dal sundal