Lemon Rice is very common dish in
2 Cup Cooked Rice
2 Tsp Chana Dal (Senaga Pappu )
2 Tsp Urad Dal (Mina Pappu)
1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds (Avalu )
1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jelakara)
10 - 12 Curry Leaves (Karvepaaku )
4 Tsp Peanuts (Pallilu)
Pinch Asafoetida( Inguva)
2 teaspoons Turmeric Powder( Pasupu)
5 Green Chillies Slit Vertically
3 Dried Red Chillies
2 Tsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Cook rice with 4 cups water. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the rice while cooking so that grains won’t stick.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Sauté fried red chillies, each cut into two, urad dal, chana dal, peanuts, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start to crackle, then add green chillies, curry leaves. Remove from heat and add asafetida and turmeric powder.
- Add this seasoning to cooked rice. Squeeze lime in to cooked rice.
- Add salt and mix well very gently so that rice grains do not break.
1) SWC Karnataka hosted by Anisheetu
2) AFAM: Lemon hosted by Easy Crafts