2 cups poha (flattened rice/Rice Flakes)
2 tbsps cooking oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp channa dal
5-6 curry leaves
2 green chillies
1 medium onion chopped fine
1 large/2medium potatoes quartered and sliced very thin
Handful of unsalted peanuts (skins removed)
Pinch of turmeric powder
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp sugar
Chopped coriander to garnish
1) Put the poha in a sieve and wash under running water. Transfer to a bowl and fill with enough water to just cover the poha. Keep aside.
2) Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds,channa dal ,curry leaves and green chillies. Fry till the spluttering stops and then add the onion. Fry till soft and translucent.
3) Add the peanuts and potatoes and stirring frequently, cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Drain the poha completely to remove all water and add it to the above mix.
5) Add the turmeric powder,salt and sugar stir well to blend all ingredients.
6) Cook for another minute. Turn off the fire. Pour lime juice over the poha and mix well.
7) Garnish with chopped coriander and serve while hot.
This is my entry to Ragaas event :Weekend Breakfast Blogging Where theme is Express Breakfasts