Making time: 1 hour
Makes: 25 pieces
Recipe Courtesy -Vahchef
A fine holed shallow strainer spoon
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
3 cups Ghee for frying
2 1/2 cups Gram flour (not superfine variety)
500 ml Milk
1 tbsp Raisins
* 2 1/2 cups Sugar
* 3 1/2 cups Water
* 2 tbsp. Milk
* few drops orange colour
* Put sugar and water in a vessel and boil.
* When sugar dissolves, add milk.
* Boil for 5 minutes till scum forms on top.
* Strain and return to fire.
* Add colour and boil till sticky but no thread has formed.
* Add cardamom powder and mix. Keep aside.
* Mix Gram flour and milk to a smooth batter.
* Mix all the ingredients mentioned under stuffing except milk.
* Heat ghee in a heavy frying pan.
* Hold strainer on top with one hand.
* With the other pour some batter all over the holes.
* Tap gently till all batter has fallen into hot ghee.
* Stir with another strainer and remove when light golden.
* Keep aside. Repeat for remaining batter.
* Immerse boondi in syrup.Mix in Raisins.
* Drain any excess syrup.
* Spread in a large plate. Sprinkle few tsp. hot water over it.
* Cover and keep for 5 minutes.
* Shape in laddoos with moist palms.
* Cool and keep open to dry, before storing in containers.
I am sending this to Purva's Diwali Damaka Event .