Wish You all the readers of Mom's Recipies a Very Happy and Prosperous Ganesh Chaturthi / Vinayaka Chavathi !
Bread Pakora is a tasty and luscious snack which is also an easy and simple recipe to prepare when sudden guests come over or to serve kids in the evening.These comfort food give you a warm feeling inside and make any rainy day perfect.And it is also a tasty compliment for your afternoon tea.
4-5 Bread Slices
1cup Gram Flour (Besan)
1 tbsp rice flour
1/4th tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Ajwain
1/2 tsp Red chili powder to taste
1/4th tsp chaat Masala powder
Water for batter
1/2 tsp garlic paste
Oil for frying
1. Remove the crust from all sides of the bread.
2. Cut Bread slices into desired shapes (like triangle, rectangle etc.)
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together: Gram flour (besan), rice flour, ajwan, red chilli powder,chaat masala, turmeric , garlic paste and salt. Rice flour adds to the crispness.
4. Now by pouring little water at a time make a smooth batter (neither too thick nor too lose)
5. Heat oil in a kadhai.
6. Dip bread piece in the batter and fry till both sides are golden brown on medium flame.
7. The crispy, delicious pakoras are ready to serve.
8. Serve bread pakora hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.