Ingredients:- (makes 20 medium ladoos )
- 2 cups yellow Moong Dal /SplitGreen Gram / Pesara Pappu
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghee /clarified Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- a pinch of nutmeg / jaiphal powder
1) Dry roast moong dal until it turns equally reddish brown in color. Remove from heat and keep it aside to cool.
2) Powder the sugar in mixie and keep aside or use powdered sugar.
3) Grind the roasted moong dal into a fine powder in a mixie.
4) In a big bowl mix well moong dal powder ,powdered sugar ,cardamom powder and nutmeg powder.
5) Melt ghee and pour into the prepared mixture and mix well. When the mixture is still warm make ladoos out of it. Add hot ghee gradually if the mixture becomes dry and ladoos cannot be easily prepared.
This recipe is reaching Purva's Festive Food Event.