Palak / spinach - 1 bundle or 1 &1/2 cup finely chopped
Chickpea flour /Besan / senagapindi) - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1 tbsp
Ginger 1/2 inch piece
Green chilies - 4
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala -1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
A pinch of Soda
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
1. Peel and chop ginger and cut green chilies in to small pieces and grind in to a paste.
2. wash palak many times and chop it very finely.
3. In a big mixing bowl add chickpea flour and rice flour,salt to taste,turmeric powder,ajwain,ground paste ,coriander powder,cumin powder,Chaat masala ,Soda and chopped palak and make a dumpling batter with the help of very little water if required.
4. Now heat oil in a deep frying pan and drop spinach and chickpea flour mixture in the form of a pakodas and fry till nice golden color.
5. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel to remove extra oil,and Crispy, crunchy, pakodas are ready to eat.
6. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney and a cup of tea.
Keep adjusting the heat of the oil so that the pakoras don't burn.
Be careful when you are dropping the batter in to the hot oil if you are not able to drop with your hand use a spoon to drop the batter.