3-4 fresh tomatoes, stemmed & wedged
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 onion, wedged
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. Corn flour
3/4 cup milk
Salt to taste
Black Pepper Powder to taste
1) Combine tomatoes, garlic and onion in microwave safe dish. Microwave on HIGH
8 minutes or until tomatoes are falling apart.
2)Puree mixture in blender.
3) Put through sieve to remove skins and seeds. Set puree aside.
4) Melt butter in microwave.
5) Add flour and stir briskly. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
6) Slowly add milk. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until thick. Stir after each minute to avoid burning of food.
7) Gradually add tomato mixture to white sauce. Mix well.
8) Add salt and pepper to taste.
9) Serve hot with: croûtons or bread sticks.
- Standing time is a very important step as it completes the microwave cooking process of a dish. Ideally, allow the dish to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
This my contribution to Srivallis MEC- Soups and Stews