Chocolate Dosa is very easy and quick to prepare. Kids will love it very much. My Daughter is crazy fan of this Dosa. Its sweet ,crispy and chocolaty so noway kids will fuss over eating this.Make on weekends or as a treat to entertain your kids.It’s a yummy and irresistible dessert and breakfast option for all chocolate lovers.
Dosa batter - 1 Cup
Oil - 4 tsps
Chocolate syrup or chocolate sauce or chocolate bar - 1
You can make a fabulous chocolate sauce with any amount of sweetened dark, semisweet, or bittersweet chocolate you have on hand.All you need is a milk ,cream, water, a pinch of salt, a few drops of vanilla, etc
Ingredients for Chocolate Sauce /Chocolate syrup :
6 ounces dark, semisweet, or bittersweet chocolate (chopped coarsely)
1/2 cup -Heavy cream
1/2 cup -water
2 tbsps -Unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
2-3 drops- Vanilla extract (optional)
Method for making Chocolate Sauce :-
1) In a medium heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat, bring the cream, water, and salt to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Just before it starts to boil, turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stove.
2) Add the chocolate , butter, vanilla extract stirring constantly with a spatula . Keep stirring until the chocolate and butter melt and the sauce is perfectly smooth.
3) If the sauce looks too thick then stir in more liquid gradually until the sauce is smooth and has the consistency you are looking for.
4) Adjust the sauce with more liquid as necessary.
5) If the sauce is too bitter then you can mellow it by stirring in a little soft butter or a little sugar.
6) Serve immediately, or reheat when ready to use.
7) The sauce keeps in a covered container in the fridge for several days.
Method for preparing Chocolate Dosa:-
1) Take a non-stick pan and place on medium-high heat. Test by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. Water should sizzle right away.
2) Apply little oil on the pan with half cut onion so that dosa doesn't stick to the pan.
3) Pour a two ladleful of dosa batter and quickly spread into a circle with a back of spoon.Starting from the center, spiral the batter outward evenly to form a circle about 5-7 inch in diameter.
4) Spread one teaspoon of oil around the dosa and leave it for some time to cook about 30 seconds then flip the dosa using a flat spatula.
Sprinkle grated chocolate all over the dosa and cook until chocolate melts.
6) Reduce the heat to medium and cook dosa for few seconds.
7) Once the dosa is cooked, roll the dosa or fold it in half and serve it on a plate drizzled with chocolate syrup.
8) Now chocolate dosa is ready to enjoy :-)