Wish You all the readers of Mom's Recipies a Very Happy and Prosperous Ganesh Chaturthi / Vinayaka Chavathi !
1 cup - Rava / Sooji
1 cup - Mango pulp
1/2 cup - Milk
1 cup - Water
1 tsp - Mango Essence
1/2 cup - Sugar
5 tbsps - Ghee
1/2 tsp - Cardamom powder
Saffron (optional) - few strands
1/4 tsp - Orange food colour
10 - Cashews /Raisins
1) Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a frying pan and roast the rava for a few minutes till a nice aroma comes out. Be careful not to burn the rava.Then keep the roasted rava aside.
2) In the same pan heat 1 tbsp of ghee and add cashews . Fry till golden brown and keep it aside.
3) In the same pan boil the water,mango pulp and milk . When the water ,mango pulp and milk gets boil add the food colour ,mango essence and mix well. Then add fried rava to it slowly by stirring continuously , so that no lumps are formed.Keep it on medium Flame.It will take 8-10 minutes to get cooked.
4) When Rava is fully cooked and there is no water then add sugar and mix well. By this time the rava would have been almost cooked and so reduce the flame and keep stirring in between so it doesn't burn.Add remaining ghee and mix well.It will take another 5-8 minutes.
5) Sprinkle cardamom powder, saffron strands and mix well.Garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
6) Yummy Mango Kesari is ready to serve.