Wish You all the readers of Mom's Recipies a Very Happy and Prosperous Ganesh Chaturthi / Vinayaka Chavathi !
Rava Ladoo is a delectable Indian dessert made with semolina.Few days back my daughter came to me and said that she wanted to eat ladoos which Ammama had brought.Last time when my mother visited us she brought Rava Ladoos.Suddenly my daughter remembered of that she asked me for that.I could not say no to my liitle ones wish and I started searching for the recipe. Finally I found the recipe at Srivallis Blog same as mom used to make.Thanks Srivalli for sharing such a nice recipe.My Amma makes yummy ladoos.She is famous for her yummy Ladoos and Burfis.I have always only helped Amma in frying or making the balls. She used to ensure each ladoo has atleast some nuts in them and cashewnut above each ladoo...Finally Ladoos came well and they were tasty and first of all my daughter liked it very much and she asked me to prepare it again for her when it finishes off.
Rava / Semolina - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 25 gms
Milk - 25 ml
cardamom powder - a pinch
Cashew nuts - 10 whole nuts
Raisins - 10 nos
Grated fresh coconut - 25 gms
Makes - 10 Ladoos
1) Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a Pan . Once its hot, sim and roast cashew nuts and raisins. Once the raisins balloon up, remove. Then roast the grated coconut. Remove once done.
2) Add the remaining ghee and roast the Rava till its well roasted and aroma starts coming out.
3) In a bowl, take all the roasted Rava, Nuts, Coconut and add the Cardamom powder. Then add the sugar. Mix well.
4) Then slowly add the warm milk into the bowl. Check if you are able to gather as balls. When you find that milk added is enough to get you ladoos, transfer it back to the pan and cook in sim for 2 mins. Mix well and then cover it and let it rest for 2 mins.
5) Make balls out of this mixture when it is still warm. Pour a little amount of milk in a bowl and dip the hand in this before making the ladoos so that the hand won’t burn.
6) Since we add milk, its best to consume within 5 days of making them. If you store them in fridge, you can have them for a week.
Tip :-Let the Ladoos cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or ziplock bags.
This recipe is reaching Sweet Series -Chikki and Laddu hosted by Mythreyee.