Chinese food is that kind of food which is liked by all throughout the world. You will get a rare restaurant or hotel that not served the Chinese food.No Chinese meal is complete without fried rice or steamed rice.
2 Cups Rice
3 tbsp oil
100 gms beans finely chopped
2 Spring onions finely chopped
2 carrots finely chopped
1 onion sliced
100 gms cabbage finely chopped
2-3 green chillies cut lengthwise
1 tsp garlic finely chopped
2 tbsp soya sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Rice = 1 1/2 cup water
- Pick, wash and soak the rice in enough water for 10-15 minutes and drain.
- Boil water, add rice and little salt.
- Cook uncovered on low heat till rice is tender.
- Cook the rice until just done, take care not to overcook the rice.Each grain of rice should be separate and immediately spread on a plate to cool. Cook rice in Micro oven for 13 minutes or in cooker for 8 mins.Rice should be 70% cooked only.
- Heat oil in a wok and when hot, drop the ginger and garlic in.
- When light brown, increase the heat and start adding the vegetables, stirring vigorously. Put in the hardest vegetables first, followed by the lighter ones by turn, after about half a minute of stirring for eg., carrots will go in first, followed by beans and then cabbage and spring onions.
- Take care that vegetables are not overdone, they should be crisp.
- Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well so that the colour is well absorbed. Now mix the soya sauce to it.
- Cook the Chinese fried rice for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.
Tip:- To keep the rice grains separate, spread the cooked rice grains on a tray and allow it to cool. Rub a little oil on the cooked rice and keep aside till you require it.This is my contribution for JFI-Soya hosted by Sia
And now,its time to show off our fridge for my favorite event "Fridge Magnets" hosted by Vedha Murthy of Iyengarskitchen.