Doodh Peda also called as Pala Kova is a wonderful and delicious mithai (sweets) that are very popular and are often served during Diwali.This is one of the easiest methods of making Pedas and it takes less than 30 minutes. Enjoy making pedas for the Diwali festival. Advance Diwali wishes to all of you !!!
Makes -20 PedasPreparation Time -15 -30 minutes
Milk powder- 1 cup
Condensed milk- 3/4 tin
Unsalted Butter-1 1/2 tbsp (Melted)
Pistachio for decoration
1) Mix all above ingredients except pistachios thoroughly and cook in a large and deep microwave safe dish for 2 minutes, at every 1 minute interval mix it well.
2) Remove and stir it thoroughly.Again microwave it for another 2 minutes.
Mixture has to thicken.
3) To check if done, cool the mixture slightly and if you are able to roll between your fingers you know it is done.
4) Try not to overcook this mixture as it will result in hard pedhas that are difficult to shape.
5) Remove and let it cool down for sometime about 10-15 mins.
6) Grease hands with ghee,knead the mixture and shape itin any desired shapes or like small round balls and flatten them and place it in a greased plate with butter so they won't stick to the plate.Garnish it with pistachio or almonds immediately so that they stick to pedas.
7) Let the pedas set and cool thoroughly then store in an airtight container.And can be kept without refrigeration for about 4-6 days.
8) Tastes best within a couple of days of making it.
1) Time taken to cook the pedhas will vary based on the output of the microwave used and the depth and size of the dish used.
2) For best results, store in the refrigerator but serve at room temperature.
Courtesy -Sify Bawarchi