Kalakand (malai burfi) is one of the popular Indian Milk sweet.This is just mouth watering sweet for anyone. It is Very rich in taste.This dish is very simple and easy to make.
Ricotta Cheese – 15 oz
Condensed Milk – 1 can
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chopped Pistachios – 1/2 tbsp to garnish
1. In a microwave safe flat bottomed bowl , mix the Ricotta Cheese and the Condensed Milk well.
2. Mix well and remove all the lumps.
3. Grind the cardamom to get cardamom powder.
4. Add it to the above mixture.
5. Mix well and Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes uncovered.
6. Take out and mix well. Make sure that you loosen the edges.
7. Microwave 3 more minutes, uncovered. Take out and mix.
8. Microwave for 4 minutes, covered checking every 1 minte. Take out and mix .
9. Microwave for another 6 minutes, uncovered taking out and stirring every 2 minutes.Once done, mix well.
10. Press down and flatten the mixture.
11. Sprinkle chopped Pistachios and Almonds on top and press them down to help them stick.
12. Cover and allow to set either in the refrigerator for an hour or at room temperature for an hour.
13. Cut into desired shapes and serve garnished with chopped Pistachios.