Makes 2 servings
* 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta in small shapes like macaroni, rotini, or small shells
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 cup tomatoes, diced
* 1 small onion chopped
* 1 cup chopped spinach, fresh or frozen
* 1 tbsp minced garlic
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
* 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts (Optional)
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente ( little bit kachha / Not fully cooked), according to package directions.Drain it and keep it aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat and saute onion.When the onions become transparent add the tomatoes, spinach, and garlic and continue to saute for a few minutes until spinach is wilt and and tomatoes are soft. Add some salt and pepper to taste if desired.
3. Stir in the cooked drained pasta and continue to cook and stir the mixture for a 2 minutes to heat up the pasta and blend the flavors. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and turn off the heat. Let the dish sit for a couple of minutes, garnish with pine nuts , and serve!