Capsicum : 3
Onion : 2 cups (chopped)
Coconut : 1/2 cup
Poppy seeds : 1 table spoon
Green chilli : 4
Jeera : A pinch
Garlic -3-4 cloves
Salt to taste
Turmeric : A pinch
oil - 1 tbsp
1. Roast poppy seeds on saute pan for 1/2 minute on low flame.
2. Cut capsicum, onion, green chilli into medium size pieces.
3.Take roasted poppy seeds, in a jar and grind it in to smooth powder. Add coconut,Ginger,garlic,chillies and grind into smooth paste. Then add most of the onion pieces (Keep some aside) from above and grind to coarse pieces (two rounds will be sufficient).
4. Heat oil in a pan add Tadka ingredients. Let it to crackle. Add 5 to 6 onion pieces and capsicum pieces, stir it for 3 minutes.
5. Add above ground mix and 2 cups water (If require add more water).
6. Cover with lid and cook it in simmer until the capsicum and onion pieces become tender. Add salt and stir it for a minute. Turn off the flame.
Garnish with cilantro. Serve with chapati, or rice.
This recipie is reaching AFAM: Coconut. hosted by Suganya