A very Popular Maharashtrian Breakfast is Phodnichi Poli.Leftover Rotis( Called Poli in Marathi) from previous night are recycled next morning for breakfast by dressing them with spicy Tadka.
It is also called "Queen of Leftovers". This is one of the favorite dishes of my family so I cook it quite often whenever I have leftover Rotis/Polis.
Rotis (Poli) -- 6-7
onion finely chopped -1
Groundnuts - handful of
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 5-6
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Hing a pinch
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1) Tear and crush Polis/rotis with hands. If they are dry enough u can use mixer to tear them to pieces.
2) Heat oil in Pan.Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Urad dal,curry leaves, hing,turmeric powder to make tadka.Fry for a minute.
3) Then add chopped onions and fry them till they are translucent.
4) Then add groundnuts .Fry a little.
5) Then add poli /Roti mixture. Mix together.
6) Then add salt and sugar. Mix well.
7) Cook covered for a minute.
8) Donot cook for a longtime otherwise they will turn tough.
9) Garnish with coriander and lime juice and serve hot.
My Favorite combination is to eat Phodinichi poli with a curd.
This recipie is reaching Ragaas event :Weekend Breakfast Blogging Where theme is Express Breakfasts
2. SWC Maharashtra hosted by Neha