Schezwuan Veg Hakka Noodles are a delicious Indian-Chinese Meal .There's nothing like making your own fresh sauce . This is very easy to make.These Noodles tastes very delicious.
For Schezwuan Sauce:-
6 garlic cloves - Crushed
1/4 cup fresh ginger - peeled and chopped
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp hot chili oil (just warm some oil and add red pepper flakes to it and keep it aside for 3-4 hours)
2 tbsp dark sesame oil
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 pound / 1/2 Kg Asian Hakka noodles
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
4 spring onins - sliced diagonally (white and green parts)
1/2 cup onions - thinly sliced
1/4 cup spring onions - just the greens
2 sp salt to taste
2 tbsp soy sauce
Making the Sauce:-
1) Add the garlic and ginger in a food processor or blender.
2) Add the vegetable oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, honey, chili oil, sesame oil, and
3) Puree the sauce to make a smooth paste.
Making the Noodles:-
1) Add a splash of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook the noodles as directed on the package.
2) Drain the pasta in a colander, place it in a large bowl, and while still warm, toss with 1 tbsp oil so that the
noodles don't stick to one another.
3) Now take a wok, add 4 tbsp oil, and saute the chopped onions and bell peppers till they become soft and glazed.
4) Add the scallions and toss well. Add salt and 5-6 tbsp soy sauce (adjust to your taste), then add the prepared schezwuan sauce and turn off the heat. Gently pour the sauce over the noodles while still hot. 5) Garnish with some chopped spring onion greens and serve hot.
Enjoy a delicious Indian-Chinese meal cooked right at home!
1) Ready-to-use schezwuan sauce packets are available in all grocery stores in the asian foods section.
2) Sherry adds a nice flavor to the schezwuan sauce, but if you don't have it, don't worry; you can omit it without compromising much. And try using fresh ginger and garlic instead of the ready-made paste, because none of these can come close to the taste of fresh ginger.
3) You can substitute red chilli powder for cayenne pepper.