Posted by ST at Wednesday, October 07, 2015
This is coconut chutney is quick and easy to make. It goes extremely well with fasting snacks ,Bhagar, Rajgira puri ,Kuttu ki puri , Sabudana Vada , Sabudana Thalipeeth and also well with regular idli, dosa, vada ,upma etc. ...
- 1 cup grated coconut, fresh or frozen
- 2-3 green chilies (adjust according to taste)
- rock salt or sendha namak as required
- Ghee /oil - 1/2 tsp
- Curd - 1tsp
- water as required
- Grind all the three ingredients in amixe or blender with little water till smooth.
- Don't make the chutney too watery.
- Heat ghee in a pan then add cumin seeds. After it splutters switch off the stove.
- Add seasoning of cumin seeds to the coconut chutney.
- Serve coconut chutney with vrat or fasting snacks.
- This coconut chutney also goes well with the regular idli, dosa and medu vada also.
If you are not preparing this for fasting then you can use normal salt.