Navratri is famous for the special cuisines prepared as a part of the food for fasting. Sabudana vada is one of the recipes prepared during the vrats. A special snack made on the occasion of Navratri, the vadaas are very crispy and crunchy and melt in your mouth. In fact, this snack item is considered as an ideal food to eat during Navratri fasts.It is a great snack and goes particularly well with hot Masala Chai (spiced tea)!
May Maa Durga empower you all and your family with her 9 Swaroopa of Name, Fame, Health, Wealth, Happiness, Humanity, Education, Bhakti & Shakti. HAPPY NAVRATRI!!!
- 1 cup Sabudana /Sago
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Peanuts (roasted & crushed coarsely)
- 1 Potato (boiled, peeled & mashed)
- 7-8 Green Chilies paste /crushed
- Rock Salt or Sendha Namak to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Soak sago by placing it in a bowl, then rinsing once with water, then adding enough water to just cover the sago in the bowl. Cover and leave overnight or 5 hours. Your sago will swell well and becoming a bit rubbery and soft. This results in perfectly fluffed sago.
- Add all ingredients to it except oil. Mix well into a paste.
- Keep the oil in a deep frying pan to heat. Moist hands and make small medium size balls and flatten slightly to form patties.
- Slide the rounds in the heated oil on medium flame. Fry till they are crisp and light brown in color.
- Drain them well using a sieve type ladle and paper towels.
- Serve with peanut chutney,Coconut chutney or chutney of your choice.
If you are not preparing for fasting then you can use normal salt.