Posted by ST at Monday, March 27, 2017
Matar ki Kheer is unique but delicious, rich ,creamy kheer recipe made from fresh green peas / Matar.It is easy recipe prepeared with steamed or cooked or frozen peas.It is healthy kheer to satisfy your sweet buds too...
Whether it is a festive Occasion or a Party ,the dessert counter would be incomplete without this unique Matar Ki Kheer or Green Peas Kheer. Try this Ugadi this Unique Matar ki Kheer.
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 21-25 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Recipe : Sweet and Desserts
Green Peas / Matar - 1 1/2 cups
Water - 1 1/2 cup (for cooking)
Milk - 7-8 tablespoons of milk to add while grinding the boiled peas
Ingredients for matar kheer
Milk - 4 cups
Ghee - 3 tsps
Sugar - 3/4 cup or as required
Green cardamom powder - a pinch or 1/8 tsp
Saffron (kesar) a pinch (optional)
Pistachios sliced few for garnish (optional)
Raisins 2 tablespoons (optional)
|Green Peas / Matar|
2) Rinse green peas with water .
3) Pressure cook green peas in a cooker with 1 1/2 cup water till 2-3 whistles .If you are using frozen peas it will take shorter time to cook.
4) Strain and allow the cooked peas to cool.
5) Keep aside a few green peas for garnish, grind the remaining green peas to a smooth puree in a mixer by adding 7-8 tablesppons of milk.
6) Heat ghee in a deep non stick pan,then lower the flame and add the green peas puree and saute for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
7) Remove from fire and keep it aside.
8) Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
9) Add the green peas puree to the boiled milk. Mix well.
10) Cook on a low flame stirring frequently for fifteen to twenty minutes, or until the milk is reduced to half.
11) Add sugar, green cardamom powder, raisins and sliced pistachio nuts. Add saffron strands .Mix well.
12) Cook for about 5 minutes on a low flame, stirring constantly.
For thicker consistency of the kheer ,you can cook for some more minutes.. For thin consistency of kheer ,cook for less time.
13) Switch off the flame.
14) Once kheer cools it will thicken. When kheer comes to room temperature then refrigerate.
15) Serve chilled or warm.
16) While serving garnish with remaining green peas , pistachios,raisins or saffron strands.
1) Kheer will last for 2 days in fridge.