This is a very delicious and nutritious recipe of carrot rice made from carrots and spices like cinnamon and cloves.This is my family favorite ,very tasty and easy to make.
Basmati rice - 1cup
Grated carrot - 1 cup
Onion - 1/2 sliced
Green chilly - 2 slited
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
Bay Leaf -1
Cinnamon Stick -1
Curry Leaves -8-10
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala or pulav masala- 1/2 tsp
vegetable oil/Ghee - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Broken cashew nuts - 5 to 6
1. Wash and cook the rice seperately with 2 cups of water. Spread in on a tray and let it cool.
2. Heat little ghee or oil in pan, add the cumin seeds, cinnamon ,cloves and Bay leaf.
3. Add thinly sliced onions and green chilli and fry till pink.Add cashew nuts fry it for a min.
4. Add grated carrot and curry leaves.Saute for a while then add turmeric, chilly powder and salt
5. Once the carrot is done add garam masala and cilantro.
6. Finally add the cooked and cooled rice adjust the salt , add lemon juice, mix it gently and serve with Raita and Chips.