May Maa Durga empower you all and your family with her 9 Swaroopa of Name, Fame, Health, Wealth, Happiness, Humanity, Education, Bhakti & Shakti. HAPPY NAVRATRI!!!
Szechuan cuisine, Szechwan cuisine, or Sichuan cuisine is a style of Chinese Province originating in Sichuan Province of Sothwestern China .Schezuan Fried Rice is a palate-teasing blend of spices.This is one of my hubby's favorite Chinese food.
Cooking Time:- 10 minutes
Preparation Time:- 15 minutes
Serves - 4
2 cups Basmati rice or long grain rice
1/2 each of green, yellow and red bellpeppers chopped lengthwise
1/2 cup carrot chopped lengthwise
1/2 cup baby corn
1/2 cup beans chopped
1/2 cup cabbage shredded
1 big onion cut into big pieces
1 Jalapeño, minced
2 green chillies chopped lengthwise
1 bunch spring onions chopped
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp Sambal Oleak or Ching’s Schezwan sauce
2 tbsp Soya sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp jeera
1. Wash and cook rice, taking care to see that the grains are separate.
2. Heat oil add jeera and wait until jeera starts sputtering then saute onions, ginger garlic paste, jalapeño and green chillies.
3. Add vegetables, with beans and carrot first then add baby corn, bell peppers, and finally, cabbage, and stir fry in that order(harder vegetables first).
5. See to that the vegetables are not “cooked”; should be crisp.
6. Add the Pepper Powder,Sambal Oleak , soya sauce and salt and fry just for a minute.
7. Add rice and mix thoroughly, finally add the chopped spring onions and mix well.
Serve hot with any Chinese side dish like Chilli Paneer or Gobi Manchurian. Even tastes good as is.
Note:- Sambal Oleak is used to get that kickthat is needed in Schezuan fried rice.
This recipie is reaching 3 Events:-
3) Monthly One dish meal event hosted by Archana of Archanas Kitchen