Posted by ST at Wednesday, March 01, 2017
Capsicum is the versatile vegetable which is available throughout the year.They are available in different colors such as yellow, red, green, and orange.Capsicum are a great combination of tangy taste and crunchy texture.Capsicum has nutrients like vitamins A, B6,C and K, carotenoids and dietary fiber which makes them immensely beneficial for the overall good health. Capsicum can be used to prepare curries,sambar, capsicum rice,capsicum chutney,capsicum raita etc.
This Capsicum Peanut dry curry is very easy to make and delicious to eat. I like the crunchiness of capsicum and taste being enhanced by nutty peanut powder. Try this out.
3 cups Capsicum (cubed)
1 medium sized Onion
3 tbsp Peanuts coarse powder
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp Salt ( to taste)
1/2 tsp Turmeric
4 teaspoons Oil
1 tsp red chilli powder
A pinch Hing /Asafoetida
1) Take a pan and dry roast peanuts in it till light brown .Cool it then grind it into a coarse powder.
2) Wash the capsicum and chop them into small cubes. Discard the seeds.
3) Finley chop the onions.
4) In a non stick pan add oil and then add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they splutter then add hing and then add the finely chopped onions and cubed capsicum .
5) Add Turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
6) Let this cook on medium low flame covered for few minutes. There is no need to add water. Stir in between frequently so that it doesn't get burned.
7) Ensure that capsicum gets cooked but still remains crunchy.
8) Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder ,crushed peanut powder and mix well.
Saute for 2 minutes then switch off the stove.
Serve hot with Chapatis ,Phulkas ,roti , Rice and dal.
Tricolor capsicum can be used to make this curry more colorful.