We love paneer at home and this is one of the many ways we enjoy it. The combination of peas, tomatoes and paneer gives this dish a subtle sweetness which enhances the taste of this flavored dish..
* 2 cups fresh paneer cubes/ 250 grams ready paneer packet or Home Made Paneer
* 1/2 cup cooked fresh peas/mutter /Frozen peas
* 2 cups pureed tomatoes (choose red ripe tomatoes)
* 2 onions medium size
* 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
* 1 green chillis chopped
* 1 tsp turmeric powder
* ½ tsp cumin powder
* ½ tsp Coriander powder / Dhania powder
* 1/2 tbsp Cumin/Jeera seeds
* ½ tsp garam masala powder
* 1 tsp red chilli powder
* 2 tsp Vegetable oil
* 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
* 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
* Cream/Milk - 3 tablespoons
* Salt to taste
1) Deep fry paneer cubes untio golden brown and take them out on a kitchen tissue or towel.
2) Then Soak the paneer in hot salt water for about 30 minutes. This process makes the paneer soft and tasty.
3) Make a paste of the onion.
4) Heat oil in a frying pan add cumin/jeera seeds and when they start to splutter add onion paste and sauté the onion mixture until they turn mild golden color on medium heat.
5) Now add the tomato puree, turmeric, cumin powder, dhania powder ,salt and red chilli powder. And sauté until tomatoes are cooked and thickened.
6) You can add some water to loosen the gravy and adjust the spices if you feel the gravy is too thick.
7) Add paneer and cooked peas to the tomato gravy and allow to simmer covered for about 15 minutes.
8) Now add the crushed Kasuri methi and stir in the cream. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves .
9) Delicious Matar Paneer is now ready to serve.
10) Enjoy with Rotis ,naans or chapathis or hot phulkas.
This is reaching Side Dish For Chapati Event started by Viki.