Wish You all the readers of Mom's Recipies a Very Happy and Prosperous Ganesh Chaturthi / Vinayaka Chavathi !
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup besan
- 1 cup Methi/fenugreek leaves washed and patted dry
- 5 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 5-6 green chillies paste
- Salt to taste
- Put the flour, methi leaves, 1 tbsp of cooking oil, cumin seeds, turmeric and green chillies paste and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add water, a little at a time to this mixture, and knead to form a medium-soft, smooth dough. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into golf ball-sized portions and roll between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour a rolling board or clean counter surface and roll each ball like chapati.
- Heat a griddle and fry the parathas one at a time like this: Put a paratha on the griddle. Do the first flip when you see tiny bubbles rise on the surface of the paratha. As soon as the first flip is done, drizzle a bit of the remaining oil on the top and spread well over the surface of the paratha. Flip again in 30 seconds and drizzle oil on this surface too. The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with chilled yogurt and your favorite pickle or chutney.