Posted by ST at Tuesday, November 15, 2016
This Gobi Matar is a semi dry curry.Every time I make gobi matar ,I try to make it in a different way so I am sure there will be 2-3 versions of this recipe on my blog in the coming years.In fact you can even modify this recipe by just adding in whatever you have on hands.It is very easy to make and tastes delicious .
Recipe Cuisine : Indian
Category : Main Course : Sabzi / Curry
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Serve : 3-4
Cauliflower / Gobi -1 medium
Green peas / Matar -1 cup (fresh or frozen)
Onions finely chopped -2 medium
Tomatoes - 4 small sized tomatoes (pureed)
Ginger Garlic paste -2 tsps
Green Chilles - 3 paste (Adjust according to spice level)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Fennel seeds / Saunf - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
1) Chop or break the cauliflower into small florets.
2) Rinse and blanch them in hot salted water for 10-15 mins . Drain and keep it aside.
3) Cook the peas in water first if they are not frozen till they are cooked. Drain and Keep it aside.
4) Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cinnamon and fennel seeds.
5) Then add finely chopped onions and saute till onions turn golden brown in color.
6) Add tomatoes puree and cook on low heat.
7) Then add ginger garlic paste and chilli paste .
8) Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and garam masala powder ,coriander powder and mix well.
9) you will see the oil releasing from sides then add the blanched cauliflower / gobi and cook.
10) Add water and mix well.
11) Cover the pan and cook till the gobi is cooked .Stir in between once or twice to make sure that it is not burning or sticking to the pan.If it dries out too much then add more water and cook.
12) Once cauliflower is almost cooked add the cooked green peas or frozen green peas / Matar.
13) Cover and cook for another 5-7 mins on allow flame till peas and cauliflower are cooked well.
14) Mix well and cook without cover for 2-3 minutes till all the water is absorbed and you have thick gravy means it is semi dry.
15) Now turn off the stove and garnish with chopped coriander and mix well.Keep it covered till you serve.
Gobi Matar Sabzi / Cauliflower Peas Curry is ready to serve.
Serving Suggestions :- Serve hot with rotis ,chapatis, phulkas , parathas or with dal rice ,Jeera Rice etc.