1 cup long grain rice
1 tbsp. cumin seeds (shajira & ordinary mixed)
1 tbsp. halved cashews
1 tsp Pepper Powder
1 bay leaf
1/8 tsp sugar
2 1/2 cups water (approx.)
1/4 tsp. clove-cinnamon powder
2 tbsp. ghee
salt to taste
- Wash rice well and soak in salt water for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a heavy or nonstick pan.
- Add cashews to ghee.
- Fry to a light brown, drain, keep side.
- Add jeers, pepper powder, bayleaf to same ghee.
- Stir fry for a few seconds, drain, and add rice.
- Keep aside the drained water.
- Add sugar, stir gently, frying rice till light brown.
- Add spice powder, stir.
- Add salt water, bring to a boil.
- Simmer covered, till rice is cooked and water evaporates or cook it in Pressure cooker wait till 1-2 whistles and switch off the gas or do microwave cooking.
- Each grain should be separate.
- Serve hot with dal fry or a spicy gravy vegetable.
Labels: rice items