Here goes yet another famous Indian dessert Fruit Kesari . It is prepared with rava ( sooji or semolina), ghee, sugar ,fruits and dry fruits. It is the easiest sweet recipe that can be prepared in few minutes. Also this sweet makes a quick fix dessert when you have surprise guests at home. Try this fail proof recipe and enjoy its lip smacking taste.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Sweets and Deserts
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Serves: 6
Rava / sooji / semolina - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 1/2 cups (adjust according to your taste)
Ghee - 6 tbsps or 2 tbsps of ghee + 2 tbsps oil
Apple, chopped finely - 1/2 cup
Banana chopped - 1/2 cup
Cashewnuts / Kaju - 8 to 10
Raisins / Kishmish - 8 (Optional)
Cardamom powder / Elaichi powder - a pinch
Orange food color - a pinch
Saffron strands (Kesar) to garnish (optional)
Water - 3 cups
1) First rinse ,peel and chop apple , banana etc. You can use your choice of fruits. (Mango ,chikoo,pears ,grapes ,pineapple).
2) Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in pan or kadai.
3) Add Rava or sooji and roast it.
4) Roast the rava well stirring oftenly on a low flame so that rava dosen't burn.
5) Roast rava for 5-7 minutes till it becomes crisp on low flame. Switch off the flame.
6) Remove rava in a plate and keep it aside.
7) Heat 4 tbsps of ghee in same pan .
8) Add cashews and fry till golden then remove with slotted spoon drain and Keep it aside.
9) Then add Chopped mixed fruits. Stir Well.
10) Saute the fruits on a low flame for 4-5 minutes.
11) Add cardamom powder and stir well.
12) Now add sugar .You can add sugar as per your taste. Mix well.
13) Add 2.5 cups of water. Stir well. Add few drops or a pinch of orange colour .
15) Add fried cashews and raisins. Keep some for garnish.
17) Quickly stir and mix well so that the lumps should not be formed in the kesari.
18) Mix well until it gets thick in consistency.
19) Cook covered till all the moisture is absorbed.
20) Do stir at intervals. The rava will soften up.Keep mixing until the kesari starts leaving its sides and transfer to the serving bowl.
21) Once the kesari thickens , turn off the flame, cover and set aside for a while. ( Take care the kesari thickens on cooling).
21) Garnish with saffron strands ,cashews, raisins .
Fruit Kesari is ready to be served.Tastes really great with the fruits and nuts giving it a great lip smacking taste! Enjoy warm or hot.
1) You can use various fruits like pear,grapes ,papaya ,chikoo ,mango ,orange etc any desired/available fruits of your choice.
2) For one cup rava, one to one and half cups of fruit pieces can be used.