Yellow Cucumber / Dosakaya -1
Groundnuts / Peanuts /Palli - 1/2 cup
Dry red chillies - 7
Bengal Gram /Urad Dal - 1 tbsp
Chana Dal - 2 tsps
Garlic pods -5
Hing - a pinch
Mustard Seeds /Rai - 1tsp
Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves -Few
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind Paste - 1/2 tbsp
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
|Yellow Cucumber / Dosakaya|
1. First Wash yellow cucumber / Dosakaya and peel the outer skin and cut into half. Scoop out the clump of seeds from its middle and discard. Finely chop into small pieces.
2. Dry roast groundnuts (without oil) in a pan. Roast in a medium flame until they turn to golden color. Let them cool. Keep aside.
3. Heat a table spoon of oil in a pan. Fry jeera, urad dal and chana dal. When the dals turn to golden color add dry red chillies. Fry for a while and remove the ingredients into a bowl and allow to cool.
4. In the same pan add the chopped cucumber pieces. Sprinkle salt as required and turmeric powder. Add tamarind juice to it. Close the lid and cook in a medium flame until the cucumber pieces become tender.
5. Now grind the dals and the groundnuts to powder in a mixer.
6. To it add the cooked cucumber pieces, sugar and garlic pods. Add water if necessary. Grind coarsely and remove the chutney into a bowl.
7. Heat half table spoon of oil in a pan. Add few mustard seeds, cumin seeds ,curry leaves and a pinch of hing. When the mustard starts spluttering switch off the flame and add the seasoning /thadka to the chutney.
8. Delicious Dosakaya palli pachadi/Yellow cucumber groundnut chutney is ready.
9. Serve with Idli ,dosa, chapati,rice.........