Potage is French implying thick (creamy soup ) made in a pot with an assortment of vegetables . And simple soups play a huge role and this Potage is one..Potage is very easy to make with a key ingredient ‘thyme’. This herb "Thyme" helps to relieve from cold,thereby,a good one for Winters.
* 1 medium leek. choppped with greens
* 1 medium carrot
* 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
* 1 medium potato,chopped with skin
* 1 celery, chopped
* 2 garlic,minced
* few sprigs of thyme
* salt to taste
* pepper to taste
* 1 tbsp butter / Olive oil
* 2 tbsp milk
1. Add butter in a non stick pan . Add the leeks,celery,parsnips,potato,garlic,carrots and saute well along with some salt. Close the lid.
2. After 5 min, add few springs of thyme and pour 2 cups of vegetable stock/water and close the lid again.
3. Simmer till the vegetables get soft. Remove the thyme from it and then process it in a food processor and then pour it back in the pan. Add the milk. Season to taste and heat for 5 more mins. Serve warm.
You can make the soup as thick as you likes.