Wishing all my Readers a Very Happy and Prosperous Diwali. May this Diwali brings you lots and lots of happiness and big cheer in life !!!
Masala Vadas are famous south Indian Snacks made up of Channa dal ,Onions and Indian spices.My Mom use to make it at festivals as breakfast.Amma's masala Vada is very famous, it disappears the moment it makes a presence. It goes well with chai....
Channa Dal - 2 cups (soak in hot water for 30min and drain)
Onion pieces - 1/2 cup
Green Chillies - 4 (chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (chopped)
Curry leaves - 6-8
Salt - as per taste
Oil - to fry
1. Grind the Channa dal to a semi-ground textured paste (do not add water, if at all it is difficult to grind, add little water)
2. Now add the onion pieces, chopped green chillies, ginger pieces, curry leaves and salt and grind for just 2-4sec. Do not grind them for long.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. When oil is piping hot, reduce the flame to medium high
4. Make patties with the ground paste on your palm and drop them carefully in the oil.
5. Deep fry them and place on a tissue for the excess oil to be absorbed.
Serve hot/warm/cold however you like...crispy, tasty masala vadalu are ready to eat....you do not need any chutney with this...they taste well on their own...
This recipe is reaching Pakoras contest hosted by Rushina