Wishing all my Readers a Very Happy and Prosperous Diwali. May this Diwali brings you lots and lots of happiness and big cheer in life !!!
Ridge gourd – ¼ kg,Peel the skin and cut into medium thick piece
Salt – to taste
Fresh coconut grating – ¼ cup (paste)
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Rasam Powder - 1tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Jaggery or sugar - 1/2 tsp
onion -1 chopped
Oil – 2 tablespoons
curry leaves – few
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – ½ teaspoon
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the seasonings, then add onion and saute till become pink.
2. Then add ridge gourd and fry for a while.
3. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, rasam powder,salt and sugar. Add 1 cup of water . Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add coconut paste and simmer till thick.
5. Mix well and sprinkle fresh dhania.
Labels: Vegetarian Side Dish