Potatoes - 1/2 Kg
Green Peas -100 gms.
Spinach -100 gms.
Chopped Green Coriander- 2 tbsps.
Green Chillies - Ginger paste - 2 tbsps
Garam Masala - 1tsp
Chaat Masala -1 tsp.
Cornflour - 2 tbsps.
Salt to taste
Method:1. Blanch spinach leaves in two cups of boiling salted water for five minutes. Drain, refresh and squeeze out excess water. Then chop finely.
2. Boil potatoes, green peas each separately in pressure cooker or in microwave . Then Peel the skin and grate boiled potatoes.
3. Mash boiled green peas.
4. Mix grated potatoes, peas and spinach. Add green chilies -ginger paste, chopped green coriander, chaat masala, garam masala and salt. Add cornflour for binding.
5. Divide the mixture into equal portions. Shape them into a small balls and then press it in between your palms to flatten it. These are now called tikkis.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Deep-fry the tikkis in hot oil for 3-4 minutes.
7. Drain on to Paper towel.
8. Serve hot with ketchup /Mint chutney.
You may also shallow fry hara bhara kabab on a tawa. It is recommended that you do not use food colour in this recipe. If you feel you may increase the quantity of spinach leaves to give a dark green colour. In that case add a little more cornflour for binding.