Aam Ka Panna is a summer drink, and is known for the cooling effects it has on the body. It is my Favorite summer drink. My mom used to make it in Summers.
2 raw mangoes
½ cup sugar(chenni)
Salt a pinch
A pinch of black salt(kala namak)
1/3 tsp roasted cumin (jeera) powder
* Wash the mangoes and poke them with a fork or a toothpick
* Pressure-cook raw mangoes for about 8-10 min
* Cool the mangoes, remove their skin and chop the flesh.
* Powder the sugar in mixer, add the mango pulp and blend. This can be stored in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
* To prepare one glass of panna, mix 2 tsp of the mango pulp, one glass of cold water, the spices and blend well.
* Taste it and add more water,sugar, salt ,black salt as desired to adjust the taste.
* Serve chilled with crushed ice.
Labels: Drinks and Beverages