Chaas is a summer coolant drink . It is a salted buttermilk.You don’t need a season to drink buttermilk. It’s great to have them anytime of the year. Its very easy to make and super tasty too. Chass will help you cool your body heat and aids digestion.Serve this refreshing chilled chaas on hot summer afternoons and watch how your family’s energy levels rise instantly.
Serve chilled chaas on hot summer afternoons and watch your family’s energy levels rise instantly. - See more at: https://www.tarladalal.com/Chaas-Buttermilk-Recipe-Salted-Chaas-Recipe-542r#sthash.ahUHXpbj.dpuf
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Drinks
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 2 mins | Serves: 2
Thick curd / Yogurt - 1 cup
Roasted jeera powder / Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
Black salt - 1/4 tsp
Salt - As needed
Few Ice cubes (optional)
Water - 1 cup to 2 cups (as required)
Chopped Coriander leaves or mint to garnish
1) Dry roast jeera in a pan .
2) Grind it in the mixer and keep it aside.
3) Combine the curds, cumin seeds powder, black salt and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
4) Add 2 cups of chilled water and whisk well .
5) Pour into glasses . Check the seasoning of anything missing then don't worry sprinkle some from top.
6) Garnish with coriander leaves or mint leaves and khara boondi on top.
7) Serve your chaas chilled and Enjoy :-)