Indian Mint Tea or Pudina Chai is very refreshing and flavorful that can wake your taste buds up in the morning or any time of the day.The mint Tea has lots of benefits. The mint tea is a hot cup of herbal tea can help loosen congestion and relieve coughing associated with colds and allergies. Mint tea relieves sore throats.Mint is a calming and soothing herb that has been used to aid with upset stomach or indigestion.
Serves~ 2 cups
1 cup -Milk
1 1/2 cup - Water
2 tsps tea powder
sugar or stevia per your taste
About 16 or 2 tbsp Fresh mint leaves /Pudina
1) Wash the mint leaves in water thoroughly. In a tea pan or in a vessel, add water. Add the mint leaves.
2) Boil the water for 4 minutes till the water will start becoming green. Let it become green color in colour.
3) Add sugar or your choice of healthy sweetener ,tea powder or tea leaves and let it boil for 1 minute.
4) Now add milk and let it come to boil for 4-5 minutes in the low flame.
5) Turn off the flame and strain into the cup.
6) Hot and delicious Pudina Chai or Mint Tea is ready .
Serve the mint tea with biscuits or cookies or savories.
You could also have this mint tea after lunch or dinner as it aids in digestion.
1) If using tea bags, then put off the burner. In the hot water, dip the tea bags for 2-3 mins. Add sugar and hot milk. Stir and serve.
2) I have not mentioned the quantity of sugar as some people prefer less sugar and some prefer more sugar in their tea.
3) Adding Milk or not is entirely your option. If you add milk, it will become an Indian Chai.
4) I like Pudina Chai /Mint tea with milk and without milk very much.