Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant. They are also rich in monosaturated fat, one of the two "good" fats responsible for lowering "LDL cholesterol".As almonds are high in protein, around 18 percent, and contain virtually no carbohydrates, they are ideal for diabetics, pre-diabetics or anyone with blood sugar issues.Roasted almonds are a great accompaniment to tea/coffee. They go great with some cool cocktails too.
* 2 cups Whole, unsalted almonds
* 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
* 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
* 1 tbsp Chaat Masala (optional)
* 1 tbsp salt
* 2 tbsp Butter / Olive oil
* Pre heat the oven to 350F/180C.
* Mix all the ingredients in a bowl , add almonds and toss until all almonds are well coated.
* Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet / 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
* Bake for about 10 mins.
* Let it cool completely for about 15 minutes before serving.
Munch with some Coffee/Tea . . . Enjoy :)
You can also add some ground pepper or paprika.
Add some lemon juice for the citrus flavor.