2 cups vermicelli
1 finely chopped large onion
1 1/4 cup chopped vegetables (potatoes, beans, green peas)
1 carrot grated
2 slit green chillis
1 inch ginger finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1 tbsp ghee or oil
Salt to taste
Lime juice-1 tsp
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cummin seeds
curry leaves - few
1 tsp Channa dal
1 tsp urad dal
1) Roast vermecelli / Semiya in a tsp of ghee for 4-5 mins till golden brown.Keep it aside.
2) Heat oil in a non stick pan, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add cummin seeds ,urad dal,channa dal and curry leaves and saute them.
3) Add onions, green chillis and ginger, saute for 2 mins.
4) Add the chopped vegetables and salt and saute on medium heat for 2 mins. Place lid and cook on medium flame for 5 mins.
5) Now, add the roasted semiya to the sauteed vegetables and combine well. Add 4 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce flame, place lid and cook till the vegetables and vermicelli turn soft and the water evaporates.
6)Add lime juice .Mix well.Garnish with coriander leaves.
7)Serve hot with pickle.