Basmati rice/ Long Grained Rice - 2 cups
Onion - 1 medium sized finely chopped
Tomato - 5 or 6 medium sized ones
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Pulav Masala -2 tsp
Coriander powder(Dhaniya Powder) - 1tsp
Jeera Powder (Cumin powder) - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 3
Ghee / Butter - 3 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Garlic cloves - 3 crushed
5 or 6 cashews
Salt to taste
1) Puree the tomatoes in a mixie/grinder.
2) Add Butter or ghee in a pressure cooker and roast the cashews until golden brown.
3) Then add the cumin seeds.Once they splutter add the Onions and saute till they turn translucent then add garlic and fry until transparent.
4) Now add the tomato puree and cook for a minute till butter/ghee comes up.
5) Add the garam masala, Pulav masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric and chilly powder..Also add salt.
6) Cook for a minute and add the required amount of water.
7) For two cups of rice add four cups water.
8) Close the pressure cooker and cook until two whistles.
9) Garnish with one teaspoon ghee and coriander leaves.
10) Serve with onion raita and potato chips.
Note:-Instead of pureeing the tomato you can also add finely chopped tomatoes. But you will have to reduce the amount of water as the tomatoes give off some water.
Labels: rice items