Gooseberry /Amla/ Usirikaya - 10 - 12
Salt -1/2 tsp (or according to taste)
Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
Black salt - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
• Wash and fully dry gooseberry with kitchen towel or dry cloth.
• Slice the amlas . The thinner the slices,easy to eat. Discard the seeds.
• In a bowl take amal slices and toss them well with salt ,black salt,black pepper,dry mango powder,cumin powder .
• Keep them aside for 2-3 days in that bowl only.
• Every day atleast one time mix the amla slices well with dry spoon. Little bit of water will come out of amla.
• Spread out the amla slices on a large plate and put it out in the sun light for a few days, until there is no moisture left in the amlas.
• If sunlight is good then amla will dry within 2 days otherwise it will take 4-5 days to dry.
•Once sun-dried, store them in a airtight container or in a dry jar for an ideal on- the- go- snack.
Amla Chatpati Masala Candy is ready to eat and will stay fresh for a year.
More Gooseberry Recipes-Amla Recipes
Usiri Avakaya / Indian Gooseberry Pickle / Amla Achar /Amla Pickle
Khatta Amla Candy
Namkeen Amla Candy