This Palak Poori is my family's favorite breakfast. But due to weight concern's I make it once a month only.It is made with fresh Spinach leaves and whole wheat flour and served with potato masala or pickle and any Chutney.. Kids and everyone else will definitely love it. You do not need Pop Eye to make kids eat it. My little daughter don’t eat veggies but she love to eat this Pooris very much.. It can be eaten at breakfast, lunch or dinner or can be made specially for guests or for any festivals.
Prep Time - 10 mins
CookingTime - 25 mins
Makes 8-9 medium sized pooris
Palak / Spinach - 2 cups roughly chopped
Whole wheat flour –1 1/ 2 cups
Salt – as per taste
Green chillies - 2 (chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch
Garlic - 2 cloves
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Oil for mixing dough – 1 tbsp
Oil for deep frying pooris
1. wash thoroughly and roughly chop the palak.
2. In a wide vessel add chopped palak / spinach ,ginger ,garlic,green chillies and sprinkle some water about 2 tbsps of water and boil it..Cool and grind to fine paste without adding water.
3 In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour and salt. Mix the flour and add ground spinach paste, oil. Mix well and knead the mixture in to smooth and stiff dough using little water.
4. Divide the dough in small balls into equal no of portions. Meantime heat oil in a pan.
5. Dust the working surface and roll each balls in to 3 ~ 4 inch circle.
6. Heat oil in a deep pan .When oil is hot, drop each pooris and gently press the pooris with help of the spatula. When poori puffs up, turn it to other side and fry till it change it color..
Once done transfer it to paper towel to drain excess oil.
7.Serve with poori masala/ puri bhaji or any gravy or with pickle and raitha..