Posted by ST at Thursday, September 03, 2015
Ragi is known as Finger millet in English , Nachni in Marathi and Kezhvaragu in Tamil.Ragi is rich in calcium and good source of fiber and extremely good for vegetarians.Ragi is the best source of calcium.Ragi is easily digestible and very nutritious.It is good for diabetic people also.Ragi is a natural relaxant that helps in relieving stress and anxiety.Ragi is a great source of nutrition for new mothers that also help in improving the hemoglobin levels.It is rich in fiber and contains very less unsaturated fat that makes it a perfect food for weight loss.
Ragi Dosa is instant healthy breakfast meal that your family will love :)
Serves - 4 people
Makes - 10-12 dosas
Ragi flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Semolina /Sooji /Rava - 1 cup
Onion finely chopped - 1/4 cup
Curd - 1 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2 finely chopped
Coriander leaves -finely chopped -1 tbsp
Curry leaves - a sprig, tear into pieces
Oil for making dosas
Water - as required
Salt to taste
1) Mix the ragi flour ,rice flour, semolina /rava with curd. Then add the salt and cumin seeds.
2) Add water to the mixture and start to mix everything well.
3) The batter should be slightly thin than the regular dosa batter. It should be like Rava Dosa Batter.
4) Then add chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves ,chopped curry leaves and mix well.
5) Keep this batter covered for 10 minutes.
7) Sprinkle some oil/butter/ghee on top. It will take little bit of time.
8) Once cooked flip and cook the other side.
9) Let the other side get cooked. Once cooked remove and serve hot.
10) Serve the ragi dosa hot with any Vegetable dish, Sambar, Coconut chutney or any Chutney.
11) Enjoy very soft , delicious and healthy dosas.
Those who have difficulty in preparing rava dosa style ragi dosa , can prepare like regular dosas. Add less water and make like regular dosas.