Posted by ST at Friday, October 17, 2014
This Aloo cheese sandwich makes a hearty breakfast.Its very easy to make and very yummy to taste. Kids like it very very much. You can make it for Kid's Lunch box ,for evening snacks or for picnics also.
6 Slices of brown bread or white bread or
3 medium size potatoes (Boiled )
1 tsp chaat masala
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder /Dhania powder
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
3 cheese slices or grated cheese or cheese spread
Butter / Ghee to brush
Salt to taste
1) First boil potatoes ,peel off and mash or grate them properly.
2) Add chaat masala, red chili powder, cumin powder,coriander powder,salt and chopped coriander to the mashed potatoes.
3) On slices of bread, apply butter on one side.
4) Now on other side apply cheese spread on both bread slices or top up with some grated cheese or place a cheese slice on the bread.
5) Apply the mashed potato mixture on top of the cheese.
6) Cover with another buttered bread slice.
7) Toast or grill the sandwich till browned and crisp.
8) Heat a griddle.Now grease the griddle with little butter and place sandwich on it.
9) Cook on medium low heat .Flip the sandwich and cook till both sides turn brown and crisp.
10) You can also make the sandwich in the sandwich toaster or in the grill.
11) Yummy Sandwich are ready to serve.Cut the sandwich diagonally.
12) Serve Aloo toast cheese sandwich with green chutney or tomato ketchup.