Tomato Cheese Pasta is absolutely a kids friendly recipe and perfect for lunch box. My daughter likes this very much.Its very easy to make.
This delicious Tomato Cheese Pasta is good and healthy for kids lunch box. I am delighted to be sending this recipe to Indusladies Kids Lunchbox Recipes Book Event.
1 cup pasta (you could use any pasta here,macaroni , long, thin, short, tube,Garden Rotini pasta )
2 tbsp butter
1 medium onion paste
1 cup Tomato paste
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1/4 cup frozen peas and corn (optional)
1 tsp oregano powder
2 tbsp tomato ketchup /tomato sauce
salt to taste
1 tsp Black pepper
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup water or milk
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Or In a boiling water add salt & oil.Boil pasta for about 5-10 mins till it becomes soft.Drain them in a sieve and pass it through running waters so that they do not stick with each other.Keep it aside.
2. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add onions paste and ginger garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes till onion paste become transparent.
3. Add tomatoes paste and saute on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add frozen peas and corn.Saute for a minute.
5. Then add salt and pepper powder.Mix well and cook .
6. Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
Add water or milk .Add oregano powder.
Then add tomato sauce. Toss gently and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
7.Sprinkle the grated cheese or any cheese over it.
8. Put a dish over it and cook it closed stirring in between till the cheese melts and the mixture thickens slightly.Let this mix well nicely and the sauce gets infused into the pasta.
9.Switch off the flame in 2 minutes.
10.The yummy Tomato cheese pasta is now ready to serve or ready for lunch box !!!
1.You can also use store bought pasta sauce instead of tomato sauce.
2.You can also use Italian seasoning or basil etc.