This peanut chutney is a good substitute for coconut chutney. Sometimes we run out of coconut then we can immediately make this Peanut Chutney. This quick peanut chutney goes very well with idli, dosa, medu vada ,upma or uttapam.
1/2 cup peanuts /Groundnuts
1/4 cup roasted chana dal/putanaala pappu/dalia
5 green Chillies , chopped
1 or 2 tsp oil
salt as required
water as required
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal(minapapappu,black gram)
10 curry leaves (optional)
A pinch of asafoetida/hing
1 whole dry red chilli
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the peanuts on a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add few curry leaves and fry for a minute.
4. Then add the roasted chana dal /Putanaala pappu and fry for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
Let this mixture little bit cool down. Add this mixture in a chutney grinder or a small blender.
5. Add in chopped green chilies and salt.
6. Pour some water and grind the peanut chutney to a smooth consistency.
7. Make the peanut chutney to medium consistency.
8. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
9. Add the urad dal and dry red chilli and slightly saute it. When it turns golden brown add
curry leaves and hing and switch off the flame.
10. Add this tempering to the ground Peanut Chutney.
11. Serve yummy peanut chutney with Idli, Dosa, Rava Dosa , Pesarattu , Medu Vada, Uttapam or Upma .