May Maa Durga empower you all and your family with her 9 Swaroopa of Name, Fame, Health, Wealth, Happiness, Humanity, Education, Bhakti & Shakti. HAPPY NAVRATRI!!!
Pumpkin is full of vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants.Not only pumpkin is loaded with vitamin A and antioxidant carotenoids, particularly alpha and beta-carotenes, it’s a good source of vitamins C, K, and E, and lots of minerals, including magnesium, potassium, and iron.The potassium found in pumpkin aids in balancing fluid levels in the body, promotes strong bones, is necessary for energy production, and helps to control blood pressure.
3 cups of pumpkin cubed
1 big tomato chopped
1 onion chopped
2 green chillies slit
2 dry red chillies split
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp black gram/urad dal
7 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 tbsp grated jaggery /Belam/ gur or sugar
2 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 cup water
few curry leaves
coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
1) First Peel the pumpkin and cut into mediun sized cubes.
2) Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
3) Then Add cumin seeds,black gram,split dry red chillis,Green chillies,crushed garlic and curry leaves and fry till golden colour.
4) Add the chopped onions and fry till translucent.
5) After that add the tomatoes ,turmeric ,chilli powder ,coriander powder,garam masala ,jaggery / Sugar and salt and let it cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
6) Once the oil has begun to separate add cubed pumpkin and stir well to coat thoroughly with the mixture.Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup water,cover and cook on slow flame for 15 minutes till pumpkin is soft and cooked.Don't over cook otherwise it will become mushy.
7) Check if all pieces are not cooked then add little water and cook for few more mins.
8) Garnish with coriander leaves.
9) Serve hot with chapati or rice.