Bagara rice is flavoured rice.It is very simple to make and goes with any type of gravies.Its an
excellent party food.Kids Like it as it don't have any masalas.
2 cups Raw Rice
3 Cups Water ( 1 cup rice : 1.5 cup water )
1 small Onion
2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
Few Mint Leaves
1 tsp Black Cumin Seeds /ShahiJeera
2 tbsp Ghee/Oil
1/2 cup Carrot chopped
1/2 cup Peas frozen
Salt to taste
Whole Garam Masala:
1 inch piece Cinnamon
1 Black Cardamom
1 Bay leaf
1) Wash and Soak Rice for 30 mins.
2) Heat oil/ghee in a pressure cooker. Add onions fry till they become transparent then add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min.
3) Then Add the veggies and mint and fry for a min.
4) Add soaked and drained rice and water. Add salt to taste.
5) Tie all the whole garam masala in a muslin cloth /thin white cloth.Tie the knot tightly and drop in the water.
6) Close the cooker and cook till rice is done or for 2 whistles.
7) Switch off the heat, let the cooker fully cooled down.
8) Open the lid and remove whole garam masala bag from it.
9) Serve hot with any gravies.