We love paneer at home.Paneer paratha is something which is liked by adults and kids also. You can enjoy paneer paratha with some curry or all by itself. It tastes absolutely great and awesome.My daughter also just loved this one...
Wheat Flour - 3 cups
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi) – 1 Tbsp
Water for Kneading
Oil - 1 tbsp
Paneer Grated -200 gms
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Green Chili Paste - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander Powder -1/2 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander finely chopped -6 sprigs
1. Mix Flour, Salt, Oil and Dried Fenugreek Leaves .
2. Add water and form a firm dough.
3. Coat the dough lightly with few drops of oil, cover and set aside for 15-25 minutes.
4.First Grate the Paneer. To the grated Paneer, add Salt, Roasted Cumin Powder, coriander powder ,Red Chili Powder, Green Chilies and chopped Coriander. Mix well.
5. Divide the dough and stuffing into balls of equal portions, now roll one ball at a time in the form of small puri or 3 inch diameter circles.
6. Place a small quantity of above stuffing (Paneer filling) over it, close it from all sides.
7. Gently pat the stuffed puri in the palms, apply some flour on both sides and roll it gently into a paratha or 6 -inch circles.
8. Whenever the dough sticks to the rolling pin or rolling surface, lightly sprinkle dry whole-wheat flour on both sides of the semi-rolled paratha.
9. Now place the paratha on a tava or skillet.Allow one side to cook when the color changes into light brown color.Turn repeat for other side. Lightly press the puffed areas with a spatula.
10. Drizzle some butter or ghee on each side and flip.
11. Remove paratha from the tava and place in a covered/insulated container. Continue with remaining parathas.
12. Serve hot .
Parathas can be served with tomato chutney,Mango Pickle, plain yogurt, any gravy subji, or raita
1. No side dishes are necessary.
2. If you want you can add onions and vegetables.