My daughter was asking me to prepare cake from 3 days. So I thought of preparing Simple Vanilla Cake. This cake came out very well and tasted very delicious. My daughter and her friends enjoyed eating it.My hubby also liked this cake very much.
Recipe Source - Kaboose.com
* 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1-1/4 cups (312 ml) all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
* 6 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1-1/8 tsp (6.5 ml) baking powder
* 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line 9-inch (23-cm) round cake pans with parchment paper. Grease the paper and the sides of the pan well.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Then sift the flour along with Baking powder together in a bowl.
Add , milk, oil and vanilla and beat for another minute, just until the batter is smooth and creamy.
3. Pour batter into the lined and greased baking pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick poked into the center of the layer comes out clean. (A single rectangular pan will take longer to bake than two round ones.)
5. Cool for 10 mins. Then Loosen the sides of the cake from the pan with a thin knife and turn out onto a cooling rack and peel off the paper imediately.
6. Allow it to cool completely before layering or covering with frosting.
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 2 tbsps butter , softened
* 2 tbsps milk
* 1/2 tsp vanilla
Combine ingredients and beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.